International Director, CMS-Africa
CMS-Africa is recruiting for the position of International Director. The jobholder is responsible to strategically lead, develop and direct the implementation of all aspects of CMS-Africa’s Ministry to deliver high ministry quality and community impact. The position will be accountable for all of aspects of CMS-Africa’s work internationally and locally.
||Kenya, East Africa
|Application Deadline Date:
||15th January 2018
||Fixed term Contract, Full-time
||1st July 2018
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- Lead the CMS-Africa International Leadership Team in setting and achieving annual goals. The team currently comprises 9 full time staff based in Kenya, 7 CMS- Africa Representatives living in East Africa, Democratiic Republic of Congo & South Sudan and 11 local mission partners living in East Africa, Democratiic Republic of Congo & South Sudan
- Reports to the CMS-Africa board through the Board Chair of which the role holder plays the role of Secretary
- Represent CMS-Africa in building relationships with all partners including but not limited to: donors, project partners, local government, church representatives and non-governmental organizations serving according to given Power of Attorney. In doing so, the leader will maximize stewardship, effectiveness and efficiency of costs and operating models.
- Be the primary spokesperson for CMS-Africa’s communication locally and internationally.
- Provide leadership, strategic direction and support in the development and implementation of an effective resource mobilization strategy in all Financial, Human Resources and Theological aspects
- Model a high standard of personal Christian leadership, ministry and integrity though lifestyle and work relationships, and provide spiritual guidance to staff and stakeholders on the Vision, Mission and Values
- Promote CMS-Africa’s Vision, Mission and Values among the leadership team, staff and partners and ensure these are the core foundation of the CMS-Africa’s strategies and activities
- Lead the development and execution of the CMS-Africa strategy through programme approaches and operating plans with clear, measurable short-term and long-term targets
- Represent the organization, engage and build strategic alliances with partners, churches and other ministry stakeholders
- Ensure high ministry quality and high impact by leading in a way that delivers the expected annual targets in a sustainable basis
- Recruit, motivate, equip, lead and retain capable to implement the strategic and operational plans
- Provide overall strategic leadership and initiative for identifying and securing financial resources to support the ministry programs
EDUCATION/KNOWLEDGE/TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training.
- Post-graduate education level in related areas including but not limited to Theology, Leadership, Community Development
- 15+ years relevant experience in programme development and/or mission-related organisations, with progressively more complex and higher level leadership roles.
- An experienced Christian leader with strong moral and demonstrable integrity in their personal and professional life, considered to role model the organization’s Christian faith and bring spiritual leadership to the team.
- A role model of accountability and integrity in both personal and professional life
- Strong developer of teams and ability to embrace leadership principles and promote staff engagement and well-being.
- Strong ability to raise the profile and visibility of CMS-Africa both locally and internationally
- Proven visionary and strategic abilities
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills with both internal and external stakeholders including board, senior leadership, staff, partners, donors and communities
- Significant management experience (general/operational) where there is evidence of both accountability & managerial know-how
- Fluency in English (knowledge of an additional international language will be an advantage)
- Working mission experience in the African context including an understanding of political, socio-economic, and cultural contexts within the country
- Experience working with a Board or governance body is preferred
- Experience in driving and leading fundraising
- Cross-cultural sensitivity –able to relate with people from different cultures and backgrounds
- A strong and genuine passion for community transformation
- Ability to work and travel in country of assignment as well as regionally and internationally
HOW TO APPLY: